If you are a fan of tropical desserts, then you must try the mango crepe cake. This delightful dessert is a perfect combination of light and fluffy crepes layered with luscious mango cream. In this article, we will review the mango crepe cake and share our thoughts on its taste, texture, and overall experience. So, let’s dive in!
What is Mango Crepe Cake?
Mango crepe cake is a popular dessert that originated in Southeast Asia. It consists of multiple layers of thin crepes filled with a creamy mango filling. The crepes are made using a simple batter of flour, eggs, milk, and butter, while the mango filling is typically made by blending ripe mangoes with cream and sugar.
The Taste of Mango Crepe Cake
The first thing you notice when you take a bite of mango crepe cake is the refreshing sweetness of ripe mangoes. The mango filling has a smooth and creamy texture that complements the soft and delicate crepes. The combination of flavors is simply divine, creating a tropical explosion in your mouth.
The Texture of Mango Crepe Cake
The texture of mango crepe cake is light and airy. The crepes are thin and velvety, while the mango filling is silky and smooth. As you cut through the layers, you can feel the delicate crepes and the creamy mango filling melt in your mouth. It’s a truly delightful experience.
How to Make Mango Crepe Cake?
Making mango crepe cake at home is not as difficult as it may seem. Here’s a simple recipe to try:
– 1 cup all-purpose flour
– 2 eggs
– 1 ¼ cups milk
– 2 tablespoons melted butter
– 2 ripe mangoes
– 1 cup heavy cream
– ¼ cup powdered sugar
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, eggs, milk, and melted butter to make the crepe batter.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat and pour a ladleful of batter onto the pan. Swirl the pan to spread the batter evenly and cook the crepe for about 1-2 minutes on each side. Repeat until all the batter is used.
- In a blender, puree the ripe mangoes until smooth.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whip the heavy cream and powdered sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold the mango puree into the whipped cream until well combined.
- To assemble the cake, place a crepe on a serving plate and spread a thin layer of the mango cream on top. Repeat this process, layering crepes and mango cream, until you run out of crepes.
- Refrigerate the cake for at least 2 hours to set.
- Serve chilled and enjoy!
Where to Find Mango Crepe Cake?
Mango crepe cake can be found in various bakeries, dessert shops, and cafes that specialize in Asian desserts. It has gained popularity in many countries, so you might be able to find it in your local area. Alternatively, you can also try making it at home using the recipe mentioned above.
FAQs about Mango Crepe Cake
1. Is mango crepe cake a healthy dessert option?
While mango crepe cake is undoubtedly delicious, it is not the healthiest dessert option. The crepes are made with flour and butter, and the mango filling contains cream and sugar. It is best enjoyed in moderation as an occasional treat.
2. Can I use frozen mangoes for the filling?
Yes, you can use frozen mangoes for the filling if fresh mangoes are not available. Make sure to thaw the mangoes before pureeing them for a smoother texture.
3. Can I add other fruits to the mango crepe cake?
Absolutely! Mango crepe cake is versatile, and you can experiment with other fruits too. Some popular variations include strawberry crepe cake and blueberry crepe cake.
4. How long does mango crepe cake last?
Mango crepe cake can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. However, it is best consumed within 24 hours to enjoy its freshness and flavor.
5. Can I freeze mango crepe cake?
Yes, you can freeze mango crepe cake for up to 1 month. Make sure to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or place it in an airtight container before freezing. Thaw it in the refrigerator before serving.